I have some exciting news. After three years of writing and research, my book is finally out on Amazon!
It is called The Four Foundations of Golf: How to Build a Game That Lasts a Lifetime
I believe The Four Foundations is the most comprehensive and practical guide on how to improve your golf game and increase your enjoyment. The book draws on proven methods in various topics, including expectation management, strategy, practice methods, and sharpening your mental game. You will find plenty of new material never seen before on my website.
I am writing today to ask for your help. For over seven years, I have shared free articles on Practical Golf. And now, I need your help to make this book a success.
If you are interested in supporting me, here are three ways you can help:
1) Buy the book: The most impactful thing you can do right now is order the book on Amazon. If you are located outside of the United States, just search for it in your local Amazon market. If you like what I've been doing on Practical Golf, you will find this book far more comprehensive and organized than anything I have ever done.
2) Tell your friends: If you have friends who are golfers, please let them know about the book! I wrote it so that a player of any level can learn actionable ways to lower their scores. Since I am self-publishing, I am relying on the golf community to spread the word.
3) Write a Review: If you read the book, I would greatly appreciate you writing a review on Amazon when you are finished. Your feedback will help others discover The Four Foundations and see if it is appropriate for them.
Initial Praise for The Four Foundations
I asked a few top minds in the game improvement world to read an early version of the book.
Here's what they said...
"If your goal is to shoot lower scores, you should read this wonderful book by Jon Sherman! His advice is practical, impactful, and presented with clearly reasoned, objective analysis. Highly recommended for every golfer who's serious about improving their game."
- Mark Broadie, author of Every Shot Counts
"I have been friends with Jon for years and have watched him evolve into one of the top voices in game improvement. The Four Foundations is a wonderful culmination of his philosophy. I am confident a golfer of any level can pick up this book and take their game to the next level with just a few of the many lessons within."
- Scott Fawcett, founder of DECADE
"Jon offers a genuinely unique perspective as a player-coach. His methods are tried and tested - and proven to help golfers worldwide get better without having to stand on a range all day, tinkering with their swing. The Four Foundations of Golf is an excellent addition to any golf library, explaining a wide range of improvement methods in great depth without being confusing. You'll get so much out of this book, you'd be a fool not to get it!"
- Adam Young, author of The Practice Manual
"Jon does an amazing job at quantifying the specific areas of your game that you need to improve if you want to start scoring better. This isn't just some random book filled with fluff. It's about understanding how to be more efficient with your time to get the most out of your game on various topics. He leaves no stone unturned. I highly recommend it!"
Shauheen Nakhjavani, PGA Tour Coach
I have heard from so many of you directly over the years and truly appreciate all of the support you have given me.